Founded in 1981, the Government Documents Round Table of Ohio (Ohio GODORT) has worked tirelessly to promote the use of government documents from all levels of government as well as to advocate the free public access to this information. By following the links to the left, you will be able to learn more about our organization and understand why we believe in “Documents to the People!”
Government Documents Round Table of Ohio shall promote effective use of publications issued by all levels of government by:
- providing an association for individuals and organizations having an interest in government documents;
- providing a forum for the exchange of ideas, concerns and problems affecting the access to government publications;
- providing a force for initiating and supporting programs to increase availability, use and bibliographic control of documents;
- contributing to the education and training in the use of government documents; and,
- advocating the maintenance and expansion of levels of service.
$ 20.00 per year; $5.00 per year for MLS/MLIS students.
Individuals and organizations interested in government documents are welcome to join.
There are two annual meetings. The Spring meeting is usually in the Columbus area; the Fall meeting is in another part of the state.
GODORT of Ohio is affiliated with ALA Government Documents Round Table.
Docs Prescriptions is published and distributed to members at least twice a year. It contains news, announcements, and brief articles by members on subjects of mutual interest.